Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Steps to a Great Wedding {Step 2}


 STEP 2: MAKE AND GROW THINGS YOURSELF

We did our best to create an affordable wedding, and one of the easiest ways to do that was to use things we already had around. I'm not talking about little DIY things (which you should also be doing). Think about planting a garden of a flower you want to incorporate in your wedding. Try using decor meant for your yard or house instead of buying something wedding-specific. Look at everything as a wedding supply!

Photo by Jessica Fertig
My parents were planning on building a gazebo for their yard, so they let me use the framework as my backdrop . Extra good idea - they actually had it constructed by some high school boys in shop class. So instead of a cheapo prom archway, I could hang my signature chandelier from a sturdy metal structure.

Photo by A Shafer Photography         

We swiped some hydrangeas from the yard to use in the aisle hangers. 

Photo by A Shafer Photography

Photo by A Shafer Photography 
We also harvested pampas grass from months ago to use as accents on the gazebo. I ended up buying most of the peacock feathers we used online or at Hobby Lobby, but consider contacting a local peacock farmer for better prices. Be resourceful!





No comments:

Post a Comment