Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Party Party

OK, so it's probably too late to be posting about NYE. And also too late to play this off like a Golden Globes Party. The Oscars are coming up though! So yeah, these ideas could work for that.

My friends hosted a NYE party at their house, which was a nice change from the bar/restaurant scene. I had a great time! Here are the cute things we did:

First off, I made macarons. These were my first try, and I was quite proud of myself with how they turned out. I used this recipe. I'm guessing the Italian meringue method is fool proof, as I am a fool.


We made lots of garlands! Tassel garlands are now my thing, and the gold dipped feather garland was also super easy and cheap. We just bought white feathers from JoAnne's, and I spray painted the ends. 


We made little swizzle sticks for the champagne toast at midnight and put rock candy in some glasses too!


 
I made champagne jello shots topped with pop rocks. The recipe I used is truly more vodka than champange, and you definitely need the pop rocks to distract you from that. Anyway, the pop rocks were really fun, and I enjoyed forcing people to try them for the first time.


Interestingly enough, the most expensive and time consuming endeavor was making these festive party hats. I have to say, it was worth it though. Each hat was unique! We used this template.


We had a lot of fun prepping and partying. I'm hoping to continue the fun decor and macaron making for all occasions. Superbowl macs, anyone!?

No comments:

Post a Comment