Saturday, April 14, 2012

April Showers

Today my mom and I threw a shower for my sister-in-law. She's expecting a little one at the end of May. Here is just a little taste of HOW MUCH we've been pinning and making on our own in preparation for the event.


My cookie-making friends Beth and Julie, along with a set of their sister friends, have dubbed themselves the Sister's Bakery. They helped me out immensely with the cookies.These little monsters have been in my freezer tempting me for days because I think they might actually taste better than they look! Thanks for your mad cookie skills Julie, Beth, Rachel, and Ashley!





I also perfected the tissue paper pom pom throughout this venture. I made little rain drops out of paint chips, which took approximately 3 minutes. Really.


We attempted a DIY cupcake tray, which mostly worked... if we had better epoxy. The top tray come off, hence the singular cupcake on the top for balance. I used little marshmallows to make the spots on my toadstool cupcakes.


Woodlandy invites!
 

Just some tree candle holders we picked up from Hallmark!


Ducky Punch - There was a lame duck floating around in there, so I had to crop him out!


My birds nests didn't work out exactly as I'd hoped. I let my melted chocolate/butterscotch/peanut butter chips set too long before mixing in my chow mein. Oh well. They still looked and tasted pretty good.


These acorn cookies were super easy and cute, although they are kind of a boring eat.


This diaper tree was about the only original idea we had. Original meaning we didn't find it on Pinterest. Instead of a diaper cake, my mom wanted to make a tree. She made these little animals on a whim without any patterns, and she plans to make a mobile with them after the shower. Impressive.


 Whew! Was that a bunch of stuff or what?! Thanks to the Korean Presbyterian Church for donating the space and snacks! Can't wait for my little nephew!

No comments:

Post a Comment